Sunday, September 13, 2009

LEARNING

Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray
Dylan Thomas – Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night


The anger inside me raged for years,
and more often than not revisits,
grabs hold of my being.
Unreleased, I speak out loud;
I am older now, should be wise to old tricks.
I try to count to ten or breathe deeply,
endeavor to walk away from myself.
I take out this anger
on the sheetrock in my space,
curse the next passerby.

The anger inside me that raged for years
every now and again revisits, is recognized,
grabs hold of my being.
I smile and speak out loud;
I am wiser now; I’ve new remedies, Old Tricks.
I give thanks to the day’s moments, breathe deeply,
enjoy a saunter with my loved ones.
I release the anger,
capture it on pad with pen,
bless the next passerby.

2 comments:

  1. I truly love this poem, idren. It is something I can very much relate to. Life can be a battlefield, but who JAH Bless, let no man curse... each one, teach one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give Thanks Josh...the road is rocky, trod on toward Zion, every step an oppurtunity to learn.

    ReplyDelete